About the event
Join Our Exclusive Online Learning Group: Disaster Competencies for Nurses (CAT302500)!
Are you a dedicated nurse looking to enhance your skills and make a real impact in times of crisis? Look no further! We invite you to be part of an exclusive learning group diving into the University of Newcastle's Disaster Competencies for Nurses (CAT302500), led by course creator and ACN Disaster Faculty Chair, Professor Ally Hutton FACN.
Why do the course in an online group setting?
- Synchronized Learning: Immerse yourself in a synchronized online learning experience. Tackle challenges together, celebrate victories, and grow collectively. Forge lasting connections with fellow nurses and healthcare professionals navigating the same course milestones alongside you.
- Guided by the Expert: Learn directly from course convener Professor Ally Hutton FACN– your host and guide throughout this enriching experience. Engage in live Q&A sessions, and benefit from Professor Hutton’s insights into the intricacies of disaster nursing.
- Comprehensive Coverage: The 8 sessions are designed to comprehensively cover the University of Newcastle's Disaster Competencies. As the group works through each module, ensuring you grasp every crucial detail.
Who would benefit from this online learning journey group?
- Nurses committed to advancing their disaster nursing skills
- Healthcare professionals seeking a guided, community-driven learning experience
- Individuals eager to learn from the expert and build lasting professional connections
The broad aim of this course is situational awareness. What happens when disaster strikes, what changes? Our nursing care remains the same, but this course empowers you to be prepared PRIOR to a disaster. Explore the type of disaster most likely to impact you and your loved ones. Learn who to communicate with, understand your role within the command system, and consider what you need to put in place to be 'disaster ready' across 8 domains.
The course consists of 8 different modules, with an average time commitment of no more than 2 hours per session.
- Module 1: Preparedness – 21 February 2023
- Module 2: Communication – 6 March 2023
- Module 3: Incident Management – 20 March 2023
- Module 4: Safety and Security – 3 April 2023
- Module 5: Assessment – 17 April 2023
- Module 6: Intervention – 1 May 2023
- Module 7: Recovery – 15 May 2023
- Module 8: Legal and Ethics – 29 May 2023
All sessions will be run using Zoom and will commence at 6:30pm and conclude at 8:00pm.
Earn 24 CPD hours upon completion.
A certificate will be issued by CIFAL once you successfully complete the course.
Once you have registered to participate in the online learning group we will provide you with the course link and Zoom access. If you are interested in doing this course but don't wish to participate in the group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with the link and course code as it is free to access for all ACN members.
So are you ready to Ignite Your Disaster Nursing Journey?
Seize this unique opportunity to learn, connect, and grow together. Spaces are limited, so secure your spot now!