Become the perfect manager
The ‘Become the perfect manager’ course takes you on a journey to further develop yourself as a manager and expand your management toolbox. What makes managers great managers? What do they do and what skills do they have? What management styles are out there? How do you recognize them, and what is the effect of these styles on teams? What drives you as a manager and what are your development opportunities? How do you engage with your team, and perform effective challenging conversations? These are questions that we will answer in this interactive and high energy day.
What makes a great manager?
- The difference and the connections between leadership and management
- The latest research into the effectiveness of managers
- Employee engagement and management
- Management styles
- Skills, knowledge and attitude of a great manager
Management fundament: ‘know yourself as a manager’
- Conducting your personal assessment; identifying your strengths, weaknesses and development opportunities
- Discovering & knowing your beliefs and values that drive your management style
- Understanding yourself as a way of managing difficult behaviour of others
Interaction with others: ‘Great management skills’
- Coaching skills for managers: develop your staff and improve their performance
- Challenging conversations:
- Five star feedback skills: effectively giving, receiving and asking for feedback
- The ‘how to’ of delivering bad news
- Building great teams and strategies to influence the culture in your team
- Communicating with influence:
- Getting your point across
- Influence behaviour through your communication
We will end the day by finalising your own management development action plan that you have created. This action plan enables you to transfer all your learnings to your workplace, and make you stand up and stand out, as the perfect manager you are!
ACN Leadership courses are interactive and challenging. We teach knowledge through concepts, theories and latest research. We develop new skills through experimental learning and put freshly acquired knowledge into practice. We help you transfer your learnings into your workplace through practical action planning. Be ready to take this adventure…you will be challenged!
Sign in or create an account to secure your place today.
Please log in with your ACN member number (username) and password. If you do not know your password, click the forgot my password link or contact our membership team on 1800 061 660.
Please click 'create a new account' and follow the prompts.
By registering for this event/short course you are agreeing to the registration Event Terms and Conditions