Privacy Collection Notice – ACN Membership
The Australian College of Nursing (ACN) is regulated by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which protects the privacy of your personal information. The purpose of this Privacy Collection Notice is to let you know what information is collected about you and how the information is used by ACN. ACN takes all reasonable steps to protect personal information held in its possession against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or misuse.
Purpose of Collection
The information collected on this form, by the Australian College of Nursing (ACN), is collected for the purpose of:
- communicating with you regarding your application for ACN membership;
- verifying your identity and AHPRA registration number and eligibility for ACN membership;
- corresponding with you once you join as an ACN member, for example to inform you about upgrade options and membership renewal and sending you payment reminders and tax invoices;
- managing your enrolment in ACN CPD and other professional development courses;
- issuing digital certificates for ACN Membership and CPD course completions;
- hosting membership voting platforms and discussion forums;
- hosting the ACN membership directory mobile app and sharing your professional profile with other ACN members. Members can opt out of sharing their professional profile details at any time;
- managing your registration and attendance at the National Nursing Forum (NNF);
- managing customer reporting and business analytics to improve membership programs, opportunities, services and ways in which we engage with you as an ACN member;
- providing your information to the Australian College of Nursing Foundation (ACNF), to allow it to send you news about ACN and ACNF; and
- providing you with direct marketing, including emails and SMS communications. You can opt out of our direct marketing at any time.
Consequences of refusing
external service providers used to send you notifications about membership benefits, including discounts and offers;
external service providers who provide services to us, such as printing companies who print and send out the hive, ACN’s quarterly print magazine and event organisers engaged by ACN to manage the National Nursing Forum event registration; and
the Australian College of Nursing Foundation (ACNF), the philanthropic arm of the ACN, who may contact you about fundraising events or about donating.
You are not required by law to provide us with your personal information for the above purposes, however, if you choose not to give ACN certain information then ACN may be unable to process your request for membership or communicate or engage with you as an ACN member or send you direct marketing.
Disclosure of information to third parties
The personal information that you provide us, may be disclosed to the following types of organisations:
ACN will not otherwise disclose your information without your consent unless required or authorised to do so by law.
Access, amendments and contact details
) or contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com